Sunday, May 17, 2015

GBP Update 6



First off, I’m sorry I missed you guys last month! There were a couple reasons I didn’t post anything last month. The first is that there wasn’t much to report. I hit a plateau and was only down around three more pounds. The second is that, because of the first, I was super embarrassed. In retrospect, I shouldn’t have been. Plateaus happen. The body freaks out at massive weight loss and attempts to hoard extra calories, fearing starvation. So, because I’m super self-critical (hard to believe, I know), I felt embarrassed at the lack of weight loss. But, I’m making it up to you now. Moving on!

Last Friday was my latest weigh-in with the doctor. I’m down to 421 lbs. That’s 14 down from last month, and 107 down since I started.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED:


CENTURY MARK PASSED!

Whoa, who said that? [looks around suspiciously]

Anyway, so yeah. I finally crossed the 100 lb marker. And, after talking about my habits and crunching the numbers, the doc gave me a total anticipated weight loss. She said that, when it’s all said and done, I should be down about 250 lbs from my original weight. For those who haven’t read the prior posts, that’s almost half my initial body mass. Kinda freaky, huh? So, I would end up around 280, which, is still big by many standards, but nowhere near as bad as I was. Frankly, I never expected to become asthmatic goth-boy skinny: I always knew I would be kinda big. But, in all honesty, that doesn’t really bother me. DadBod is in, right?

Anyway, I’m glad you’re reading this, because it means you have an interest in me, and that gives me the warm fuzzies. I will be back again in the next month or so to update you again.

D.J./Hayek

No comments:

Post a Comment