Friday, February 13, 2015

Update 4a: Dry County

One last thing... I'm also told that some changes in tastes and preferences are normal after doing this. I'm still a big fan of fried stuff and sugar, chocolate, etc. So, that hasn't changed. However, I have noticed one significant change that will have an impact on my social functionality from here on out.

I don't like booze anymore.

Several times since having the surgery, I've had a drink. Each time, I've been unable to finish it, so unpalatable it was to me. Apparently this particular change is common. The dietitian told me I was the third patient today alone to mention it. So, I fear I will have to endure odd looks henceforth as I decline the normal social lubricant of beer/whiskey/moonshine.

I still don't know how I feel about this. I've never been a drunkard, but my ability to hold my liquor was legendary, and it saved the keisters of my friends no few times. And there were always such interesting things one can do with alcohol flavorings, like adding beer to chili. I wonder if those will be affected. Hrm. Oh well, we shall see what happens. Bartender! Another seltzer, if you please.

HS

No comments:

Post a Comment